Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Coconut Flour Peanut Butter Cookies (sugar free)

I'm been trying to bake with less and less sugar lately and came up with this recipe.   I'm starting to move towards using only raw honey and plan to soon experiment with stevia.   However, I don't have any stevia yet, so for now I've been doing a lot with honey.  These are really good.  They aren't super sweet and are cake-like cookies.but still really good, especially with a glass of cold milk!.  I love the way they hold their shape well when baking..I absolutely hate flat cookies that spread out.

Coconut Flour Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup natural peanut butter
2/3 cup honey
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Cream butter, peanut butter and honey.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Stir in coconut flour, baking soda and salt.   Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment