Thursday, June 23, 2011

Gluten Free Molasses Cookie Bars

These gluten free molasses cookies bars are delicious.  You can also make them into cookies, but I'm lazy, and well sometimes I just want a quick, easy, healthy and delicious recipe I can whip up fast.  These fit the bill.  I managed to make them in between making bread and making pizza for dinner.  Today was an extremely busy day for me, spending more time out of the house than in.  Yet, I needed a healthy snack for tomorrow.  These came out perfectly.


Gluten Free Molasses Cookie Bars


1 cup coconut oil
1 cup of sugar (I used sucanat)
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup molasses
2 cups sorghum flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
2 teaspoons xanthum gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon allspice
1 tablespoon cinnamon

In a large mixing bowl, cream coconut oil and sugar. Beat in egg, vanilla and molasses.   Stir in dry ingredients.  Grease a 9 x 13 pan.  Spread dough into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.  Allow to cool before cutting.  Enjoy your gluten free molasses cookie bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment